Friday, December 2, 2005

Target stores- why can't we just say "thank you!" to them?

Target is one of the very few major stores that is defending the rights of their pharmacist employees against filling prescriptions for certain medications, such as birth control pills and the morning-after abortion pill. They allow pharmacists to opt-out for personal "conscience" reasons. Most other stores, such as Walgreen's are chastising their employees and FIRING them for having a conscience, Target stores realizes the importance of not trampling on the personal religious convictions of their employees. Personally, I think that's a whole lot more important than whether we are saying Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas, or Bah Humbug!

(My dear reader, please don't misunderstand me... I certainly believe in the true Reason for the season, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ! Please read previous post here.)

So, while many conservatives and Christians were boycotting one of my favorite stores during the Thanksgiving rush, I rushed in and bought myself a snazzy new outfit! Then, I sent them an e-mail… Thank you, Target! And… Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I shall do the same.

    It's about priorities.

    ReplyDelete