Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Temporary retirement

My dear readers,

Because I have simply become so busy with my new outreach, the No Room for Contraception Campaign, this blog will be entering temporary retirement. I hope this only lasts for a few months. Please visit the site of the No Room for Contraception campaign for the latest news, articles, resources and information regarding the harms that contraception brings to marriage, society and women's health. Please also consider a small contribution to help the work of the No Room for Contraception Campaign. Details on that site.

Compliments of a seminarian I know, I leave you with this article on Pope Benedict XVI. He speaks about the connection between respect and justice, especially in light of the tragedy of abortion. After all, abortion is the greatest human rights abuse and the greatest injustice that has ever been: an entire segment of society been denied personhood and subsequently suffered the loss of hundreds of millions of lives. This means hundreds of millions of women with their femininity and identity shattered and hundreds of millions of men with their masculinity shredded.

Benedict said:

These injustices can adopt many faces… For example, the face of disinterest or disorder, which can even go so far as to damage the structure of that founding cell of society that is the family; or perhaps the face of arrogance that can lead to abuse, silencing those without a voice or without the strength to make themselves heard, as happens in the case of today's gravest injustice, that which suppresses nascent human life.


Please pray for me and for the success of the No Room for Contraception Campaign. God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. We'll miss you while you're away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do I know you from the NFP board?
    I got linked here from Salon.com, but I think I know you! funny :)

    ReplyDelete