Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Autumn is starting!

Well, this post has nothing to do with my usually topics of choice-- those mostly controversial things I'm passionate about! Rather, I'd like to bring your attention to some practical points of beauty I've seen around me recently. 

This summer, I had many grand adventures and travels, and one thing I have paid more attention to than in years past is the amount of butterflies! In fact, I have seen on several occasions-- including on the Blue Ridge Parkway-- bushes full of colorful and whimsical butterflies!  I didn't take this picture-- the bushes I saw were too deep in the thicket to get close enough for a photo. But, this is generally what it looked like.

Now, autumn is starting. Around here (Charlotte, NC area), it is mostly the crepe myrtles that are shedding soft yellow leaves... meanwhile having their blossoms in full bloom! I did take this stellar photo...  with my droid!

Also of note, I spotted two buds on the rose bush outside my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment